my name is Marike.
Marike Photography was found in 2009 by well, me, Marike Roelofse. In short, I’m a photographer who has a passion for God, my fiancé, family and friends; red cappuccinos, french movies, sushi, music of the 80’s, herb gardening, kayaking, antiques and new business ventures.
My life as a photographer started in 2005 when I enrolled at TUT’s photo school. I spent an exciting 4 years there, and left in 2008 with my b-tech degree and some published work. In 2009 I embarked on an amazing journey where I had to learn how to be a business owner while preserving the artist within – now this was tricky! Today me and my team loose ourselves in wedding, lifestyle and corporate photography.
Feel free to get lost in our portfolio, sign up for a newsletter or just say hi on our facebook page. If I haven't convinced you yet, I bet I will over coffee - just call me already!
Photo Credit: Figure of 8 Photography
What to expect
At Marike Photography we try to make things as effortless as possible for our clients while providing a quality of service that will make you want more. This requires many late nights, persistence, adaptability, creativity and a drive to be better. But with so many great photographers today, you’re probably wondering what makes us different. Well it’s the little things actually, and here’s a few we pride ourselves of:
- All photographers represented by Marike Photography will always be dressed professionally. This might sound like a no-brainer, but you won’t believe the things we’ve seen. We’ll be dressed in black at all weddings and corporate functions to go about as unnoticeable as possible. In addition we can also camouflage ourselves pretty well and hope to soon master the skill of complete invisibility. You can expect to see us dressed in our blue-and-white branded shirts at outdoor daytime events, unless arranged otherwise. We have learned through past experiences that covering yourself in black when photographing in the sun is no fun. With lifestyle photo sessions we might tone it down a little and arrive in a jean.
- You will receive your photos on a USB device as we moved away from discs altogether. The disc will soon be the new cassette tape, which makes it sound like the obvious retro inspired choice, but eventually that beloved song will remind you of a retired ice-cream van. Wait, where were we? USB - 1 DISC – 0
- Our modern album designs are outsourced to professional designers. They know best!
- Most clients prefer to order their own selection of photographs. We will upload the photos onto an online directory to enable our client to make his selection from his computer. This only applies for photo sessions such as corporate portraits and lifestyle shoots where a limited amount of photos are included.
- We provide service level agreements for clients who need photos taken regularly. This mostly apply to the corporate sector and can include regular events, or even annual staff, architectural, product and other marketing related photographs.
So these are some of the things that sets us apart, but to experience the full uniqueness of what we do and how we do it, let's meet!